Remmi Smith is the 13 year old star and host of “The Culinary Kid,” a show that teaches kids that cooking healthy is fun. The show came about when Remmi and her mother grew concerned about the childhood obesity epidemic and decided to start a healthy cooking show called “Cook Time with Remmi.” The show first aired online as webcasts in April 2009. Within a month of airing the first webcast, the show was picked up by a local cable channel in her hometown of Tulsa, OK. Shortly thereafter, she started getting requests for public appearances to demonstrate her cooking skills both locally and nationally.
We caught up with Chef Remmi in 2014 to see what she’s been up to:
Chef Remmi now adds Author to her career achievements as she published her first book, Global Cooking for Kids featuring recipes from around the world.
She continues to see successes as:
- Student Ambassador for Health & Wellness for Sodexo.
- Ambassador for No Kid Hungry national non-profit organization.
- Host of “The Culinary Kid” and “Cook Time with Remmi” television shows.
- Remmi’s own salad dressing sold in Whole Foods.
- Independent Youth Teen Entrepreneur & Junior Board Member, a national organization offering entrepreneur oriented educational programs to middle and high school students. The program is built upon peer-to-peer mentoring from successful teen entrepreneurs.
- Featured Speaker for Kinganomics.
- Thrive15 Teen Mentor, online entrepreneur university inspiring businesses to go from barely surviving to thriving by watching 15 minute edutainment videos taught by millionaires, moguls and every day success stories.
- Core5 After School Clearing House that features Remmi’s videos on their website. Core5 provides resources to parents and after school program providers serving to maximize child development focusing on the following fitness, nutrition, character, academic enrichment and parent Involvement.
Chef Remmi’s personal achievements include:
- National Honor Society Scholar
- Math Counts Finalists
- Grant recipient to raise money for the Eastern Oklahoma Community Food Bank
- Sought after national speaker for teen entrepreneurs
- Celebrity Chef for Komen Foundation “Chefs for a Cure”
- Celebrity Chef for the American Heart Association “Go Red for Women”
- Celebrity Chef/Judge for Ronald McDonald House of Arkansas and Oklahoma
Chef Remmi is working with us to advance responsibility be helping spread the word on the dangers of underage drinking and benefits of living a healthy lifestyle with her partners.
We invite you to learn more about Remmi!