This week, The Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility is honoring leaders who have shown an outstanding commitment to fighting drunk driving and underage drinking, and promoting healthy lifestyles and teen driver safety.
We are proud to recognize the following 17 state legislators from across the nation:
- Alabama Senator Bill Holtzclaw (R-2) and Representative Mike Hill (R-41) for championing the Matthew John Dahl DUI Prevention Act, establishing a statewide ignition interlock program
- Alabama Senator Rusty Glover (R-34) for sponsoring legislation doubling the penalties for driving with a BAC of .15 of higher
- Arizona Senator Linda Gray (R-10) for her lifetime achievement in drunk driving prevention
- Colorado Representative Tom Massey (R-60) for sponsoring legislation to increase physical activity in public schools
- Delaware Representative Helene M. Keeley (D-3) and Senate Majority Leader Patricia M. Blevins (D-7) for championing legislation providing effective penalties and treatment for hardcore drunk drivers
- Florida Representative Tom Goodson (R-29) and Senator Thad Altman (R-24) for sponsoring legislation to establish heightened penalties for repeat violations of the social host law
- Maryland Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais (D-15) for her lifetime achievement and helping to secure final passage of this year’s Drunk Driving Reduction Act
- Mississippi Senator David Blount (D-29) and Representative Richard Bennett (R-120) for championing the creation of a statewide social host law
- Montana Senator Larry Jent (D-32) for sponsoring legislation establishing the offense of aggravated DUI
- North Dakota Representative George J. Keiser (R-47) for sponsoring legislation to improve teen driver safety
- Pennsylvania Representative Katharine M. Watson (R-144) for encouraging residents to increase their physical activity and fitness and for sponsoring legislation strengthening the graduated driver licensing (GDL) law for teens
- Virginia Senator David W. Marsden (D-37) and Delegate W.R. “Bill” Janis (R-56) for championing legislation enhancing the zero tolerance law for underage drinking and driving
We applaud their efforts and thank them for their ongoing dedication.