Parents are the No.1 influencers in a child’s decision to drink — or not drink — alcohol, so the more you can model healthy behavior, set clear expectations, and answer questions directly and openly, the better prepared your kids will be to say, “No,” when the time comes for them to do so.
That isn’t easy. So in honor of Alcohol Awareness Month, we’ve teamed up with Scholastic Parent & Child to host a #TalkEarly Twitter party dedicated to helping you get the conversation going. Child development expert Michele Borba, Ed.D., will answer your questions live — and 20 participants will win a copy of her book, The Big Book of Parenting Solutions! All the details are below, and we hope to see you there.
When: April 8, 2014, from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. EST
How: Use #TalkEarly to follow and join the conversation.
Participants: Along with Dr. Borba, 10 of the country’s top parenting bloggers will also be weighing in:
- Leticia Barr: TechSavvyMama.com
- Stacey Ferguson: JusticeFergie.com
- Meagan Francis: TheHappiestHome.com
- Jeannette Kaplun: HispanaGlobal.com
- Adrian Kulp: DadorAlive.com
- Fadra Nally: AllThingsFadra.com
- Elena Sonnino: LiveDoGrow.com
- Ellen William and Erin Dymowski: SisterhoodofTheSensibleMoms.com
Check their #TalkEarly blogs at TalkEarly.org.