Information we collect
Personal Information. We may collect and store any information that you choose to enter through the Site. This includes personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, zip code, date of birth, and other information (personal and non-personal) about you that you may submit through the Site, including through any content that you provide. We may require that you provide some personal information in order to register and participate in certain features we offer. In some cases, we may combine this information with personal information we have collected about you from other sources.
Automatic Information. We may automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit the Site. For example, we may collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Internet Explorer), and referring web site. We also may collect information about your activity on the Site, such as information about your account usage. We may combine this automatically-gathered information with other information, including personal information we have collected about you.
Cookies. When you visit the Site, we may assign your computer a “cookie” (a small, unique identifier text file) to remember who you are. We also may include other information in our cookie files; for example, if you arrived at the Site via a link from third-party site, we may include the URL of the linking page. We may combine the information we collect through cookies with other information, including personal information we have collected about you.
How we use this information
We may use the information we collect about you in certain ways, including:
- Providing you with the information and services you request;
- Managing your account, including sending you information related to your account;
- Responding to your questions and comments;
- Providing you with information, including advertising, about selected programs and services offered by FAAR, our partners, and other selected third parties;
- Soliciting information and feedback from you, including through surveys and questionnaires;
- Performing business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our organization and the Site; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
With whom we share this information
We may share the information we collect about you in limited circumstances, including:
- With our authorized service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to transmit communications or advertising, or assist with the transactions you initiate);
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law;
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger or asset sale;
- In aggregated or another non-personally identifiable form to third parties for various business purposes, including business analyses and advertising; and
- Otherwise pursuant to your consent.
How we protect your information
We have implemented procedures to help protect the personal information that you provide to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Should we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete that information from our database.
A special word about public forums
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in public forums, that information can be collected and used by others. For this reason, we encourage users not to post any sensitive information, including personal information, in any public forums.
How you can contact us
The Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility
2345 Crystal Drive
Arlington, VA 22202
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2008. The Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility.